Arts Partners is a comprehensive arts education program designed to motivate children and support teachers in the classroom.
This partnership joins schools, professional artists and local cultural organizations to create a customized arts-in-education program to support your school’s curriculum and improvement plan. During the 2008-09 school year, Arts Partners reached more than 35,000 students in the Hazelwood, Kirkwood, Ladue, Parkway, Rockwood, Saint Louis Public Schools, Webster Groves, Wyman 5-Star After School Program, Archdiocesan school districts and in the Excel After School Program in Madison and Cahokia, Illinois.
Two principles guide Arts Partners:
1. Children succeed when schools make the arts integral to basic education.
2. Every child, regardless of their learning style, deserves equal access to the arts.
Arts Partners features:
- The development of an in-depth, sequential, arts integration program that connects to the curriculum through discussion and planning with the school’s Arts Partners Planning Team of teachers, parents and administrators.
- Coordination of in-school artist performances, workshops and residencies, off-site trips to community arts events and professional development opportunities. A master schedule and budget for all Arts Partners services are coordinated by Springboard staff.
- Matching funds for selected programming.
- Programs that connect to a school’s theme, resource materials for arts programs, pre- and post-program activities and professional development opportunities including the annual Connections Institute and ARTS EXPO.
- Discounts on tickets for field-trip performances by the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra and at the Edison Theatre, as well as other special discounts and opportunities from local arts organizations.
To find out more about Arts Partners, please call (314) 768-9670.