Dear Springboard to Learning Supporter,
Was our first response when COVID-19 caused school closures. Never in its 56-year history had Springboard to Learning found it impossible to access students nor deliver its programs. Now at the end of the 2020/2021 school year, we are again SHOCKED! Together with your support Springboard to Learning accomplished some SHOCKING results.
• Served 22,958 metro area children and teachers, 90 percent under-resourced, a 4.75 percent increase over the prior school year.
• Distributed 13,114 hands-on educational art packets called Arts & Learning Snacks, targeting students with limited broadband access, disadvantaged by distance learning.
• Engaged 66 volunteers in a new way – the assembly of Arts & Learning Snacks – while using PPE and social distancing.
• Continued Snacks distribution beyond COVID to extend learning outside the classroom, distinguish the services of Springboard, give the community an additional volunteer opportunity and means of getting engaged with our mission, make parents aware of Springboard and its services, and provide donors a tangible product they can support.
• Pivoted the format of program offerings by creating a Springboard to Virtual Learning catalog and helping Teaching Artists become proficient in Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams, resulting in 87 percent of Teaching Artists offering programs in a virtual format.
• Increased Wolf Trap Early Learning residencies by more than 400 percent, delivering two times more embedded professional development for teachers and early learners than all previous years combined.
• Posted the largest amount of summer school programming on record by serving as the sole provider of enrichment learning for St. Louis Public Schools, delivering 188 programs in 465 classroom sessions during a four-week period.
• Discovered that virtual programs broadened the pool of available Teaching Artists and engaged three new North Carolina Wolf Trap Teaching Artists, whose affiliate discontinued Wolf Trap programs.
• Celebrated the 25th year of WiseWrite, conducting 26 weekly virtual sessions with students at SLPS Mason and Shaw VPA schools and hosting a virtual WiseWrite Festival showcasing students plays which can be seen at bit.ly/WiseWrite2021.
• Developed new partnerships with Urban League Head Start and Operation Food Search.
• Took steps to implement Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training with staff and board.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!